Canonsburg, PA 15317 US
In this Civil / Geotechnical Engineer role, you will take part in the development, installation, and maintenance of diverse natural gas facilities, encompassing pipelines, compressor stations, and measurement facilities. This position carries a strong focus on landslide inventory management, involving GIS work. The role also involves geohazard mitigation for new construction projects, including review of mitigation plans and hands-on field support during installation.
- Manage the landslide management process in GIS, overseeing various aspects.
- Provide specialized expertise in civil and geotechnical aspects, covering site development, layout, cut/fill plans, and slope stability.
- Collaborate with Operations and Construction teams to efficiently address landslides and subsidence on existing assets and ongoing construction projects.
- Investigate and assess pipeline integrity concerns related to landslides or subsidence using survey, in-line inspection, and geotechnical data.
- Enhance and uphold design and construction standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- E.I.T. certification required; P.E. preferred, particularly in PA, WV, and/or OH.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in civil or geotechnical engineering.
- Ability to function as a collaborative member of a multi-disciplinary team and contribute effectively in a collaborative setting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing proficiency.
- Experience and competence in GIS and CAD software.
- Familiarity with accepted slope stability software and basic programming skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
Civil / Geotechnical Engineer - 26466
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Manager - Philadelphia Division
Mark is a Penn State alum with a Bachelors’ Degree in Information Sciences and Technology. He was born and raised in Williamsport, PA where he earned his Eagle Scout rank which he considers one of his most revered accomplishments. Mark began working at Oxford Solutions in 2012 as an IT Recruiter, before moving into a leadership role managing a team of technical recruiters. In his current role as Business Development Manager for our Philadelphia branch, he partners with IT clients within small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations to identify niche talent. Mark spends most of his free time with his two daughters or watching Penn State sports. He is also an avid Green Bay Packers Fan.