Computer Network Support Specialist
900 South Pine Island Road, 17 Plantation, FL 33324
Opening with our client for a Computer Network Support Specialist.
Pay Rate: 32/hr
In this role, you will be the primary resource to support ISS security actions and remediation of identified system vulnerabilities including Windows Infrastructure and network systems in a multi-site environment.
- Review, test, document and implement operating system updates and security patches all through the network enterprise.
- Address tier1-3 IT problems and questions. Assist with troubleshooting complex system and network issues.
- Work with business application owners to implement system updates mitigating impact on business operations.
- Executes day to day maintenance tasks including security patch deployment problem determination and system monitoring.
- Document and communicate system changes/issues/risks to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for responding to live site and user desktop and peripheral issues.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Associate Degree in an Information Technology related discipline or related field
- Certifications MCSE and CompTIA Security+ a plus
- Must have a minimum of 3 years hands on experience with Windows administration, patch management, IT and hands-on end user support experience.
- Proven experience working with Windows Active Directory, Windows scripting languages, and automated patch management solutions.
- Experience with operating system updates and system vulnerability remediation.
- Detailed knowledge of core internet and networking protocols (i.e., DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, IPSEC, ARP, SFTP, SSL, HTTPS), IP communications and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms support; VMware.
- Knowledge of Desktop Management Systems such as anti-virus software, patch management and software delivery
- Solid problem sovling ability and follow through
- Customer-focused with solid communication skills
- Abilyt to react quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, e-mails or other events in a timely and flexible fashion
Computer Network Support Specialist - 19077