Data Engineer ( Big Data)
336 4th Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in the data access layer
- As an agile team member, participate in code reviews, design reviews, etc.
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer information technology, computer science, management required
- Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in:
- cloud computing environment.
- object-oriented or functional language experience
- 3+ years:
- working with open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache Nifi, Spark, Kafka, HBase, Hadoop/HDFS, Hive, Drill, Pig, etc.) or commercial open source Big Data technology stacks (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- document databases (e.g. MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
- Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- cloud-based development and delivery
- 2+ years of distributed version control system (e.g. git)
- Linux operating environment
- Distributed computing patterns, techniques, and technologies (e.g. ESB)
- Continuous delivery technologies (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Agile process management tools (e.g. Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work independently on projects.
Big Data Architect - 16794