Data Engineer (Big Data)
336 4th Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Writing, debugging, unit testing, and performance test code in the data access layer
- Participate in code and design reviews in an Agile team environment
- Utilize domain driven techniques and design patterns to build and contribute to technical design.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of implemented requirements and detailed application behaviors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area required; Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in:
- cloud computing environment.
- object-oriented or functional language
- 3+ years of experience in:
- Open source Big Data technology stacks (Apache, Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- document databases (MongoDB, Accumulo, etc.)
- Agile development processes
- Git version control system
- Linux operating environment
- Continuous delivery technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Vagrant, etc.)
- Build automation and continuous integration tools (Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Agile process management tools (Atlassian Jira)
- Familiarity with test automation (Selenium, SoapUI, etc.)
Big Data Architect - 18207