5353 Highland Dr Jackson, MS 39206
Pay Rate: 28/hr
Contract (1 year+)
Interested candidates should have at least 3 years’ EHS experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with EHS policies and procedures
- Drive the continuous improvement of all EH&S related activities by facilitating effective preventative/corrective action
- Act as the EH&S Representative for all third party certifications
- Provide ongoing training, at all levels, of EH&S systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Manage the internal audit program for all EH&S systems, and collect, analyze and publish applicable data.
- Maintain Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Business or Safety
- 3+ years working in health and safety in manufacturing environment
- 2 to 3 years' supervisory experience
- Experience with ISO regulations
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and Six Sigma Tools preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills
EHS Coordinator - EHS Generalist - 16877