675 Central Ave New Providence, NJ 07974
Opening with our chemical client for an Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist.
Pay Rate: 22-24/hr
Looking for someone with a Bachelor's Degree in science or engineer with at least 5 years of EHS (environmental, health and safety) work experience. The ideal candidate will also have working knowledge of American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care Management System.
In this role, you will provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure occupational safety compliance for chemical labs and maintenance areas as part of a zero-incident mindset.
- Identify and work with management on EHS issues, recommendations and opportunities to foster continuous improvement of EHS programs and culture.
- Provide support by interfacing with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on regulatory and enforcement issues.
- Assist with writing, training and implementing EHS policies and procedures, which may include:
- Safe Work Permits, Job Hazard Analysis, Management of Change, Incident/Accident
- Investigation, Lock Out/ Tag Out and Hot Work Permits.
- Participate in capital project reviews providing environmental, industrial hygiene and safety expertise when needed.
- Support emergency response activities through the development of required drills and coordination of annual training.
- Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in EHS.
- Strong working knowledge of the American Chemistry Council’s Responsible Care Management System® and the ability to implement and utilize it in daily work activities highly desired
- Working knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements, to be able to provide operational support for environmental programs including air permitting and hazardous waste.
- Understanding of chemical laboratory environments and the wide range of associated risks
- Able to effectively manage time and organize multiple assignments involving competing priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
EHS Specialist - 19307