1500 Spring Garden St 4th floor Philadelphia, PA 19130
Contract (4 months+)
Pay Rate: 30-35/hr
The primary responsibility of this position will focus on evaluating and selecting scientific books and conference proceedings for a content set of scholarly literature.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select and maintain a collection of scholarly books and proceedings for indexing
- Resolve and reply to inquiries from editors and publishers regarding coverage and selection criteria.
- Present and defend selection criteria for journals based on an informed use of metrics.
- Graduate Degree in library science
- Library/information science (Graduate level or above) experience with book cataloging or content selection
- Experience in commissioning and/or editing scholarly books
- Strong knowledge of scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences and humanities
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, particularly Word Access and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work independently
- Well organized with regards to policy, standards and work priorities
Editor - Scientific / Academic Journals - 16923