Electrical Engineer - Hardware
1110 W Hibiscus Boulevard, 20 Melbourne, FL 32901
Opening with our client for an Electrical Engineer with a focus on embedded hardware design for high speed digital and analog communication systems.
- Responsible for the completion of a set of engineering tasks within the committed cost, schedule, performance and quality.
- Ensure that electrical design engineering aspects of projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner and will integrate efforts from various functional groups to accomplish goals.
- Provides the technical interface to key subcontractors and customers
- Participates in comprehensive design reviews with engineering team and manufacturing partners to confirm that electrical design parameters, cost and manufacturability requirements have been met.
- Writes the technical specifications, documents to make sure the electrical design meets the customer, manufacturing and system design requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required; Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in electrical embedded hardware design for high speed digital and analog communications systems
- Design knowledge with multicore Microprocessors (32/64-bit), Ethernet switching technologies and FPGA/ASIC based embedded digital designs.
- Design knowledge and expertise in modern LCD, Touchscreen technologies for cell phones and tablets required.
- Knowledge of wireless, RF, analog design, design for EMI, and power electronics is a must.
- Firsthand knowledge of Linux machine administration, Android, Perl scripting is a must.
- Experience in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth embedded design and Antenna technologies, IP/Networking.
- Experience using digital test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzer, Emulator, Debuggers, etc.
- Requires experience using schematic capture and layout viewer (ORCAD, Cadence, Mentor Graphics, PCAD, etc.)
- Experience with FPGA/CPLD design concepts.
- DO-160 FAA certification experience and FCC certification experience is highly desirable.
Electrical Engineer - Embedded Hardware Design - 19106