Washington, PA 15301
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of embedded electrical systems design along with knowledge of C and C++ and knowledge of embedded communication protocols and ethernet interfaces.
In this role, you will provide technical leadership in the design, development, and validation of embedded electronic products.
- Full life-cycle embedded hardware and software development
- Lead the design of custom electronic products for unique customer applications
- Create embedded firmware in an RTOS
- Contribute to hardware design
- Validate hardware through testing function, safety, and compliance.
- Provide technical support to the Product Engineering team for all embedded designs
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related area required; Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in embedded electronic hardware and firmware design.
- PE licence preferred
- Familiarity with low voltage power distribution equipment.
- Experience developing embedded software, device drivers and applications
- Technical knowledge:
- Communication protocols: Telnet, Modbus, SNMP, BACnet
- Interfaces: Ethernet, RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI
- Programming languages: C, C#, HTML
- Software tools: Eclipse, CodeWarrior, MCUXpresso, Visual Studio, Visio
- Advanced understanding of embedded microprocessor designs and how they communicate to PC tools.
- Proficiency with electrical theory in DC and three-phase AC power distribution.
Embedded Electrical Engineer - 18725