Pittsburgh, PA 15222 US
2+ years of wetland delineations experience. Must have thorough knowledge of and experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual (1987) and Regional Supplements.
- Lead environmental field surveys including but not limited to wetland and stream delineations, endangered species surveys, environmental inspections and compliance monitoring.
- Data collection using handheld GPS.
- Prepare wetland delineation and other environmental reports.
- This position also requires hiking 5 or more miles per day and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- BS or MS degree in Biology, Environmental Science or related field.
- 2+ years of proven experience conducting wetland delineations in OH, WV, PA, VA and/or surrounding states.
- Wetland delineation training and certification (PWS/WPIT) strongly preferred.
- Experience leading a small wetlands crew (team of 2 to 3 people)
- Thorough knowledge of/experience with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual (1987) and Regional Supplements.
- Must be familiar with local flora of the Northeast and/or Midwest and have the ability to identify upland and wetland vegetation; experience using field guides and dichotomous keys required.
- Knowledge of Section 401/404 permitting;
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Ability to travel 80-90% of the time (weekdays) in PA, OH, KY and WV regions
- Ability to perform fieldwork in rough terrain, exposed to weather and outdoor hazards.
Environmental Engineer - 25926