Environmental Health Analyst
Greensburg, PA 15601 US
In this role you are responsible for directing and managing the environmental compliance programs and industrial hygiene programs for manufacturing operations. You will be responsible for managing environmental compliance programs which will include: hazardous and non-hazardous waste, infectious and medical waste disposal; hazardous substance reporting, environmental permitting; spill prevention and response planning; asbestos, lead management and radiation safety.
- Develop and implement environmental programs and processes to drive improvement such as ISO 14001, energy reduction, waste minimization, pollution prevention, recycling, and sustainability programs.
- Maintain compliance with environmental permits (Air, NPDES).
- Conduct environmental training programs
- Manage chemical vetting and industrial hygiene programs
- Report tracking data related to energy, water, and waste
- Communicate environmental matters to leadership, internal and external legal counsel, and regulatory authorities.
- Maintain environmental and industrial hygiene data including third party audit reports, risk assessment reports, and environmental permits
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Management or related field or equivalent level of experience
- 3 to 5 years of environmental health compliance related experience in a manufacturing operations or similar environment.
- Strong knowledge of chemical safety, toxicology and industrial hygiene
- Experience with environmental compliance and permitting, sampling techniques, emission monitoring systems, waste management and ISO 14001 environmental management system.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Required Active Certifications
Pennsylvania Asbestos Building Inspector (or equivalent)
DOT Hazardous Materials Certification
Visible Emissions Evaluator Certification (Method 9).
Environmental Health Compliance Program Analyst - 26115