PO Box 465 Cranberry, PA 16063
We have a full-time, direct hire opportunity with our client for an engineering project Estimator.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Metallurgy, Drafting or related area and a background in estimating and inside sales for steel fabrication projects.
- Gather project data by interpreting blueprints, specifications and customer requirements in order to estimate the cost, size, materials, nature and duration of projects
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.) in order to prioritize, coordinate and schedule customer needs and requirements.
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids
- Coordinate with all related departments for order status, ensuring delivery commitments are met.
- Monitor quality standards and specification requirements and communicate any discrepancies or issues
- Communicate customer feedback and suggestions for enhancing efficiency, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and expand the database of customers and prospects of the organization.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgy, Drafting, or related engineering discipline preferred
- 1-2 years experience in estimating and/or inside sales.
- Previous experience in a fabrication/steel service environment preferred
- Organized, customer-focused, motivated, detail-oriented and driven.
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, evaluate, and interpret prints, drawings, and specifications.
- Solid decision-making, problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems.
Estimator - 17795