100 Sandusky Street Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Full-time, direct hire opportunity for an Estimator for mechanical equipment within the steel industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for cost estimates based on proposal data sheets.
- Work with the proposal engineer and chief mechanical engineer to estimate equipment weight information.
- Develop component lists for equipment units.
- Recommend equipment references to be used as cost basis.
- Use computer to create estimates, as well as charts and diagrams as required.
- Prepare labor and material take offs from engineering drawings.
- Work up costs for installation and materials for pipe, equipment, structural steel and motors.
- Recommend type of equipment (industry specified).
- Monitor progress of vendor responses to inquiries.
- Assist engineers in preparing proposals.
- Work with purchasing to solicit equipment quotations.
- Associate Degree or higher in an engineering or business discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in the steel industry and estimating for mechanical equipment or experience in mechanical equipment design.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and bills of material.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to interact with vendors and customers
- Domestic and international business travel as required.
Estimator - Steel - Mechanical Equipment - 19220