100 Erie Insurance Place Erie, PA 16530
Full-Time, Direct Hire Role
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 7 or more years of experience and experience in investment accounting and derivatives.
In this role, the Financial Accountant acts as subject matter expert in performing accounting functions to organize, analyze, track and report complex financial activities on both a statutory accounting principles (SAP) and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) basis. Coordinates finance related projects and provides assistance to accounting staff as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field required.
- CPA or CFA certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or related finance experience required.
- Understanding of Fixed Asset Income classes
- Experience with investment accounting is preferred.
- Experience with derivatives is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of spreadsheet, reporting, query and/or database software preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP required; SAP preferred.
- Availability to work weekends during peak periods.
Financial Consultant - 16853