2395 Midway Rd Carrollton, TX 75006
Pay Rate: 26/hr
The GIS Analyst is responsible for sourcing, configuration, ongoing maintenance and testing to ensure that tax accounting applications and offerings support up-to-date tax geographic boundaries.
- Source, analyze, digitize, and document geographic tax data to accurately determine taxing jurisdiction by location.
- Monitor changes to tax boundaries and data on a continuous basis to update tax geography database.
- Implement new content and content changes within ArcGIS and other internal applications
- Design and execute test scenarios to ensure content accuracy and functionality
- Correspond with tax and geography authorities to obtain content requirements
- Research and respond to client inquiries in partnership with Customer Support
- GIS certificate or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in geography, information systems, computer science or related field is a plus
- 1+ year GIS experience
- Ability to utilize online data sources (TIGER, ISO, GNIS, USPS, locally published governmental boundary data, etc)
- Experience with GIS data production, including: digitization, attribute creation and maintenance, and editing fundamentals
- Understanding of geospatial concepts and spatial analysis techniques
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving
- Proficiency at querying relational databases
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Intermediate to advance software skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Access)
- PYTHON, Oracle, and SQL experience
- Experience with tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. ONESOURCE)
- Fluency in languages other than English
GIS Analyst - Geographic Information Systems - 17437