GIS Asset Specialist
2000 Corporate Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317
Pay Rate: 24/hr
In this role, you are responsible for the implementation and quality of fiber asset data and you will monitor all proposed changes to fiber assets. You will work closely with engineering, construction, operations personnel, sales, and product development to ensure database accuracy, maintain data quality, register conduit and support other departments to meet company objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification in GIS or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 1 year experience editing, updating GIS data from engineering designs, CAD files, redlines and mark ups.
- Experience with GIS applications including, but are not limited: to MapInfo, ESRI suite, Coordinate Geometry (COGO) and Auto CAD.
- Experience with Sonet (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3 to OC192), Ethernet (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Fusion Splicing, etc.).
- Analytical thinking skills with strong attention to detail
- Customer service focused with solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
GIS Fiber Asset Management Specialist - 18657