8000 Avalon Boulevard Alpharetta, GA 30005
Pay Rate: 20-21/hr
This GIS Specialist roll will focus on fiber optics asset management and will ensure the compliance, integrity and ‘readiness’ of fiber assets (Hubs, Panels, Splices, Slacks, Fiber, Conduit, Nodes, Circuits, etc.), and ensures that fiber management policies, standards and procedures are properly implemented and followed.
- Review fiber construction engineering drawings and maintenance/inspection data to identify changes to database models and maps.
- Enter and manipulate data in GIS applications which model telecommunications outside plant fiber optic systems as needed.
- Work closely with fiber engineers, field operations personnel and others to QC fiber data and ensure asset integrity, resolve data conflicts, register conduit and update GIS database
- Coordinate solutions in accordance with 811, fiber & utility policies, standards and procedures to maintain compliance and maximize asset yield.
- Research, analyze and respond to regulatory compliance, and audits with a high degree of customer service and integrity when dealing with utilities, external and internal customers.
- Test automation and integration opportunities for the Fiber Tool and related systems and processes
- Develop reporting requirements and create reports of Fiber data for various departments
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification in GIS or equivalent work experience preferred
- At least 1 year of professional level experience editing, updating GIS data from engineering designs, CAD files, redlines, mark ups.
- At least 1 year of experience reading engineering, design, as-built, and redline drawings.
- Experience with GIS applications including, but are not limited: to MapInfo, ESRI suite, Coordinate Geometry (COGO) and Auto CAD.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Sonet (DS0, DS1, DS3, OC3 to OC192), Ethernet (routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber locating, OTDR, Fusion Splicing, etc.).
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, SharePoint)
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
GIS Specialist - 18898