Hardware Design Engineer
1501 Lebanon Church Road Pittsburgh, PA 15236-1491
This is a contract to possible direct hire role for a Hardware Engineer with our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Duties will include:
- Design hardware for test systems
- Develop CAD drawings, bill of materials, and electrical interface designs
- Develop and maintain engineering design schedules and scope definitions.
- Participate in both internal and customer design reviews
- Follow all applicable engineering design processes.
The Hardware Engineer should have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, or similar field
- Experience in the design of low voltage AC and DC power and control systems
- Knowledge of cabinet design, wiring harnesses, I/O, subsystems
- Experience in field work such as installation, testing, commissioning, or troubleshooting of electromechanical products/installations. Hands on experience in the manufacture/assembly of electromechanical assemblies
- AutoCAD skills; Inventor
- Experience in the design, testing, or commissioning of train control systems is a plus
- Solid verbal and written communication skills