Pittsburgh, PA 15212 US
Direct hire opening with our client in Pittsburgh, PA for an Intellectual Property / Patent Attorney.
Work hybrid schedule (3 days in office/week) in Pittsburgh, PA. Must have at least 3 years of patent lawyer experience including Intellectual Property law experience with trade secrets, patents, trademarks and copyrights.
- Provide legal advice on valuable intellectual property rights such as patents, technical data, trade secrets, licenses, copyrights and trademarks.
- Interpret laws, rulings and regulations for the intellectual property of clients.
- Conduct legal, technical and scientific research and gather evidence.
- Explain, clarify and simplify complex technical information.
- Offer legal representation to clients in court proceedings on intellectual property matters.
- Provide protection of the client’s intellectual property by enforcing statutory, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Provide protection of the client’s intellectual property by securing intellectual property rights and patent protection.
- Provide advice and assistance on all matters relating to invention management and preparing patent applications on inventions.
- Monitor research and development activities for the identification of inventions and potential external claims for compensation.
Requirements and Experience
- Law degree (JD) from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, electrical engineering, computer science or related area preferred
- Registered Patent Lawyer with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Highly knowledgeable on technical, scientific and legal aspects of intellectual property.
- Excellent leadership and client relationship skills, including the ability to influence others, foster teamwork, and drive for results and change within a large and complex organization.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to simplify complex information.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Intellectual Property / Patent Attorney - 25887