IT Field Technician
2790 Mosside Blvd Monroeville, PA 15146
We have a full-time, direct hire opening for an IT Field Technician who will work onsite at client locations.
- Provide onsite support to clients including: Installing, managing, configuring and troubleshooting hardware, software and online services for: servers, desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, printers, UPS units, firewalls, switches, and other computer systems and devices.
- Perform user account maintenance, including: adding new users, setting up user profiles, deleting existing users, changing passwords, changing permissions, etc.
- Perform computer account maintenance: including setting up new computers, setting up existing computers for new users, decommissioning existing computers, migrating settings and data, etc.
- Provide technical support to end-users for help with a variety of user, hardware, software, online services, local network connectivity, remote connectivity, and other computer related issues
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate's degree or equivalent experience and/or training.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in the support of a variety of Microsoft networks for small and mid-size businesses.
- Prior experience in a Managed Services Provider (MSP) environment a plus
- Training and hands-on experience with the following general technologies are required:
- Network administration;
- User account administration;
- Computer account administration;
- Security and permissions;
- Group Policies;
- Server hardware, operating systems and software;
- Desktop/laptop/tablet hardware, operating systems and software;
- Server and workstation virtualization;
- Network switches; Storage appliances;
- Email, calendars and contacts;
- Internet and web browsers;
- Microsoft Office software;
- Firewall security appliances and wireless access points;
- Remote access and remote connectivity (VPNs, Remote Desktop, OWA and smartphones);
- Experience with the latest version and the two previous versions of Microsoft Windows Server operating system and Microsoft Windows desktop operating system required.
- MCSA certification
IT Field Technician - 16618