9442 N. Capital of Texas Hwy #400 Austin, TX 78759
Opening with our client for an Indirect Buyer.
In this role, you will be responsible for portfolio management including supplier selection, commercial and contractual negotiations and optimization in order to contribute to company competitiveness.
- IT and facilities segment
- Provide support to supplier teams including quotation requests to vendors and PO creation.
- Develop new and challenging ways to achieve cost reduction while maintaining a high level of satisfaction
- Consolidate business needs and optimize the supplier portfolio.
- Negotiate prices, global discounts and terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Review contracts with the Legal team.
- Prepare, launch, manage and follow-up on RFI and RFQ with suppliers in order to fulfill internal customer needs and market demands.
- Lead cross-regional projects and actions in order to deliver value and optimize spending.
- Take the lead as regional escalation point for main IT projects or challenges faced by local manufacturing site buyers.
- Ensure agreements are in place to secure prices and protect our business on the IT and Buy & Resell segments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 to 8 years of experience in purchasing or a purchasing related function.
- Ability to contribute to the application of the corporate strategy, experience defining and implementing spend reduction,
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge (pivot tables, etc.)
- Oracle experience preferred
- Customer oriented with excellent communication skills
Indirect Buyer - 19443