Junior Linux Systems Administrator
Pittsburgh, PA 15317
Opening with our client for a junior-level Linux Systems Administrator.
Pay Rate: 25-35/hr
In this Linux Systems Administrator role, you will configure, enhance and support the company's IT infrastructure systems.
- Participate in system build and administration activities including Installing, server hardening and patching Linux operating systems.
- Perform successful root cause analysis for problem resolution on Linux servers.
- Assist in implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting Linux OS issues relating to performance, compliance and security hardening.
- Collaborates with other IT functions on complex business requirements, including integration points.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
- 1 to 3+ years of Linux system administration experience including knowledge of scripting and automation
- Familiarity with RedHat and Suse
- Experience working with Networks, DHCP, DNS, Pixey booting (PXE) and subnetting
- Customer-driven focus with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and be a strong team member.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
Linux Systems Administrator - Junior Level - 19078