Lab Automation Technician
Morrisville, NC 27709 US
Opening with our research client for a Lab Automation Technician.
In this lab automation role, you will perform repetitive, high throughput DNA testing in a lab that processes over 400K cotton and soybean samples annually.
- Follow pre-established process while operating high throughput laboratory automation to complete DNA extractions from multiple crop species in a specified time frame and consistent with internal quality standards.
- Use lab information system (LIMS) to complete and document all assigned work.
- May assist senior analysts in downstream analysis processes including using fluorescence-based PCR for GM technology confirmation and zygosity determination.
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or Genetics plus two or more years relevant laboratory experience.
- Prior experience and comfort working in a high throughput lab environment performing repetitive routine work is preferred.
- Knowledge or interest in lab automation, plant genetics, and lab information management systems is a plus.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact positively and proactively with team members
Lab Automation Technician - 26535