Lead Software Engineer
294 Massachusetts Ave Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Full-time, direct hire opening with our client for a Software Engineer.
Pay Rate: 35-45/hr
The Software Engineer will work to provide solutions for web-based applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze requirements and develop design documents to properly plan the implementation of new features.
- Collaborate with various teams to brainstorm solutions to complex development challenges and conduct research to arrive at the best solution.
- Provide accurate work estimates for feature development and bug fixes.
- Document all testing scenarios used when self-testing code to ensure that all requirements and performance standards have been met.
- Work directly with QA team to provide details of requirements and testing concerns and make corrections to code as necessary.
- Support data integration and software upgrade projects.
- Support integration and functional testing.
- Assists support teams in the resolution of customer questions and issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on custom developed and system integration projects.
Highly Desired Skills and Background
- 5+ years' software engineering experience
- Proven experience with the following technologies:
- ASP.Net 4.5+, C# (5+ years)
- ASP.Net MVC 5.0+
- Web API 2
- Third-party API’s
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008/2012 (5+ years)
- LINQ & Lambda syntax
- Web services (WFC and RESTful)
- Ability to write well-architected code and adhere to best practices for code reusability and separation of concerns with meticulous attention to detail to ensure a clean and maintainable code base.
- Ability to author small to medium-sized technical design documents prior to commencing development.
- Ability to analyze, understand and work with third party APIs.
- Experience with the ASP .NET page lifecycle, web services, and AJAX.
- OOP expertise and proven experience using Design Patterns.
- Expert knowledge of software development methodologies and full SDLC development.
- Proven ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service, analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be detailed oriented, and possess strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proficient with Visual Studio 2013/2015, SQL Server Management Studio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project.
Software Engineer - ASP.Net / C# - 19006