610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Pay Rate: 23/hr
In this role, the Legal Application Analyst will provide legal interpretation and expertise (analysis, research, and features creation) to support the development of online functionality and infrastructure, ensuring that systems deliver intended results to customers.
- Production Functions: Create, modify, test, and maintain queries against Westlaw data for topical view databases and collection set-based category pages for WestlawNext; troubleshoot errors in topical content databases
- Quality Control and Verification: Verification of own work for accuracy and completeness. Analyzes, researches, and resolves quality errors.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) Degree from an American Bar Association approved law school is required.
- Demonstrated strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills along with solid judgment.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and organize detailed legal material.
- Demonstrated proficiency in applications and systems including MS Office, Westlaw Classic and WestlawNext, and Boolean search syntax.
- Ability to prioritize and stay focused while dealing with multiple assignments and tasks.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and court legislative and regulatory levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including composition/grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation skills
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving
Legal Application Analyst - Query Writer / Legal Editor - 17187