Legal Research Analyst
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Pay Rate: 39/hr
The Senior Legal Research Analyst position is responsible for analyzing legal information in Westlaw and working with Product Management to determine how to better leverage that information for legal researchers.
- Identifying relationships among legal information sets
- Conducting significant core legal research to identify critical legal authority on specific issues
- Making fine-grain, qualitative judgments of legal content
- Monitoring performance of new products and enhancements through testing and grading evaluations
- Collaborating with team members to better leverage key legal research information.
- JD required; Admission to a state bar preferred
- 3+ years of legal experience
- Significant litigation experience, including handling own cases;
- Westlaw and/or other online legal research tools experience
- Experience in negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts, and related legal documents would be a plus
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately;
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including applications such as Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Senior Legal Editor - Legal Research Analyst - 17143