Machinist (2nd shift)
1111 Crescent Street Youngstown, OH 44502
CNC Machinist - 2nd Shift
Full-Time, Direct Hire
Pay Rate: 18-25/hr
The CNC Machinist operates CNC Horizontal and Vertical Mills and Machining Centers utilizing medium to heavy steel plate in a fabrication/job shop environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CNC MACHINIST
- Perform typical machine shop operations including drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Verify settings by measures, marks, and scribe dimensions and reference points on first-run part
- Clean and perform inspections
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed and depth, and angle of cut
- Troubleshoot malfunctions or resolve issues
- Perform routine maintenance on machines
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CNC MACHINIST
- High School Diploma or graduation from a certified technical school
- 3-5 years prior CNC Machining experience
- Experience machining medium to heavy plate fabrications
- Solid knowledge of reading and interpreting blue prints, performing set-ups and editing programs in G & M code
CNC Machinist - 17421