Mainframe Application Developer
2 Hanson Place Brooklyn, NY 11217
Candidates must have RPG experience.
In this role, the Mainframe Programmer will help lead the technical design, development, integration, testing, installation, documentation, and maintenance of highly complex business applications. In addition, the incumbent will develop solutions to highly complex business and technical problems, and also coach technical staff regarding software development and tools.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale mainframe computer system.
- Maintains and develops on-line and batch application programs.
- Works with project members to develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts.
- 12-15 years of relevant work experience required
- Knowledge of mainframe Cobol/CICS/DB2
- RPG experience (RPG III preferred)
- Srong in CICS, batch processing
- TSO a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle including systems design, database systems, networking, operating systems, programming techniques, and technical documentation.
- Strong system design, software engineering, problem solving, analytical and research skills.
- Good communication skills
Mainframe Programmer - RPG - 17587