Manufacturing Development Engineer
Lincoln, IL 62656 US
Opening with our client for a Manufacturing Development Engineer.
In this role, you will coordinate and implement, through manufacturing engineering and product/process development, changes to new and existing products, with the specific goal of improving manufacturability, work flow, methods, training and learning curve simplification, using material handling, manufacturing and industrial engineering techniques.
- Recommend product design changes for improving product performance, manufacturability and work flow.
- Assist product development staff with new product concepts to insure ability to manufacture new designs.
- Lead manufacturing portion of product development.
- Assist employee teams in exploration of cost reduction projects.
- Implement and direct engineering changes into production, instructing and training personnel.
- Ensure employee safety measures are completed during process
- Design, develop and establish training aids/programs and procedures on manufacturing processes.
- Participate in departmental layouts to improve use of floor space, work flow and material handling.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field and 1 to 3 years of work experience.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma knowledge
- Working knowledge with pc, software and fabrication and/or assembly processes.
- Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Creative thinker with the ability to communicate ideas and plans.
Manufacturing Development Engineer - 26202