Carol Stream, IL 60818 US
Opening with our client located in Carol Stream, IL for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The Manufacturing Engineer will review process controls, emphasize continuous improvement through Lean Manufacturing methodology and Kaizen activities, participate in the development of cell layouts, set up reduction (SMED), lead time reduction and improve productivity through waste reduction. In this role you will provide improvement and sustaining engineering support for existing production lines working with Operations and outside Vendors to create methods/process to improve capacities with production, work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Continuously improve capabilities to meet customer dynamic need for new product and faster manufacturing.
- Support and/or perform equipment, process and assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Initiate equipment modifications to improve productivity and product quality.
- Work with the maintenance department to improve machine reliability/reduce downtime and define equipment maintenance requirements.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Work with management to establish project timeliness, project justification, and budget forecasts.
- Pursue and participate in company LEAN initiatives.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Support plant safety rules, procedures and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years work with metal soldering/welding, polishing cleaning of metals and components, automated service within robotics and wire bending.
- Hands on project management and leadership ability
- Proficient in MS Office and SOLIDWORKS, CAD/CAM or other similar software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Automotive industry experience.
- Experience in the design and support of automation equipment and production lines is desirable
Manufacturing Engineer - 26522