Jackson, MI 49203 US
Opening with our client located in Jackson, MI for a Manufacturing Development Engineer. (onsite)
In this role you are responsible for supporting a Manufacturing and High Performance Work team which include providing day to day floor support, tooling replacement, gauging, quality, resolution to build questions concerning process or tooling and efficiency.
- Provide support to all High Performance Work Teams with focus on achieving on-time delivery of customer orders
- Troubleshooting machine and tooling problems
- Maintain and improve process routers through completion of suggested repairs.
- Recommend router updates to improve process for review by responsible Manufacturing Engineer.
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement changes in products and processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost out).
- Work directly with responsible Manufacturing Engineer, production associates, from all areas of the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all employees and customers.
- Provide on-floor process information for training and meeting engineering standards.
- Support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements.
- Support special process and customer audits.
- Ensuring that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications
- Bachelor Degree in engineering related area
- 5 to 10 years manufacturing experience
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in hose assembly, metal fabrication and bend, welding/brazing, heat treat, chemical processes preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with manufacturing area, from production associates to the leadership team.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
Manufacturing Development Engineer - 26019