Meadowbrook Rd Toccoa, GA 30577
Manufacturing Development Engineer opening with our client.
Pay Rate: 30/hr
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering and/or quality with knowledge of lean principles and Six Sigma methodology.
Overview of Role
- Support continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy
- Lead problem solving for corrective actions (8D, A3, RCCA) for internal and external requests.
- Host Customer/Industry representatives as required (Customer, AS9100, NADCAP).
- Conduct activities associated with PPAP (MSA, Gage R&R, Capability studies, FMEA, etc).
- Participate in Internal Audit program (LPAs, System Audits, Product & Process audits)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Materials)
- 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering and/or quality with knowledge of lean principles and Six Sigma methodology.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of RCCA and statistical tools
- Machine knowledge - manual lathes/TIG welding/sheet metal ducting/press/CNC
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with the following special processes: heat treat, chemical processing, non-destructive testing, and welding.
- Prior knowledge and/or experience of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) techniques.
Manufacturing Development Engineer - 19099