Manufacturing Quality Engineer
1683 Opportunity Ave Chambersburg, PA 17201
Full-time, direct hire opportunity with our client for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer with a focus on supplier quality for hydraulic systems and products.
In this role, you will evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products for global partners.
- Collaborate with customers, design engineers and production personnel to ensure delivered quality of hydraulic components and systems meet or exceed requirements.
- Lead in development and submission of PPAP Documentation
- Utilize 8D methodology to lead implementation of corrective actions that reduce top warranty claims and internal quality issues.
- Liaison with the technical and commercial team to complete customer market project goals
- Travel to customer/end user locations to provide training, evaluate machine systems, and answer technical inquiries
- Aid in development of improved product based from quality claims
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering-related discipline
- 2 to 5 years of Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems with a ability to provide technical support for systems.
- Experience with PPAP (production part approval processes)
- Proven track record of driving continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience interacting with customers and suppliers to provide product quality control
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving experience; Ability to multi-task and prioritize and work well under pressure
- Ability to travel as required to customer locations to provide training and evaluate equipment
Manufacturing Quality Engineer - 19175