15 Durant Ave Bethel, CT 06801
Opening with our client for a Material Planner.
In this role, your primary function is to anticipate and fulfill the needs of internal and external customers by coordinating the material flow with production order schedules to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Schedule manufacturing and procurement of product to ensure on-time delivery, appropriate capacity utilization, and maintain appropriate levels of inventory.
- Maintain MRP action message count within approved levels.
- Schedule/initiate subassembly and subcontract material procurement
- Analyze MRP to determine if proper inventory levels are being maintained to support customer requirements
- Monitor inventory transactions to assure material is being processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify and communicate potential delays and/or problems to internal and external customers
- Create line of balance reports for past due components so that schedule impacts can be communicated to internal and external customers and management.
- Maintain high levels of communication with all departments to ensure optimum flow of materials and information status through all product phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in material planning or related manufacturing experience (such as Team Lead, Group Lead, High Performance Work Team member).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to respond to complex and cross-functional challenges
- Lean / Continuous Improvement experience preferred
- APICS CPIM certification a plus
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Material Planner - 19285