300 S East Avenue Jackson, MI 49203
Pay Rate: 20/hr
- Manage work orders to ensure manufacturing has necessary work at all times, communicates on overtime requirements.
- Expedite orders for customers where possible; expedites shortages with buyers; communicates updates to customer service.
- Ensure work orders for their areas of responsibility are current, not past due, not in pick status for long periods of time.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence
- Coordinate material requirements with production schedules, customer requirements and provide feedback to scheduling and management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 1 year in Supply Chain Role
- Proficient in development and tracking of internal metrics.
- Skilled in using forecasting, demand planning, scheduling and inventory management tools and concepts
- Knowledge of ERP and procurement processes.
- Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tool: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Tree Diagrams and Root Cause analysis
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within ITAR,. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S, Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green
Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Material Planner - Manufacturing - Supply Chain - 17435