700 Waterfront Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15222-4742
This is a contract role for a Mechanical Designer.
Pay Rate: 22-28/hr
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for mechanical design, creation and maintenance of assemblies, parts list and engineering releases of products.
- Design mechanical systems and components utilizing 3D modeling.
- Manage job cleanup of details and assemblies after completion of system to ensure accurate drawings for future systems.
- Create complete parts lists for assemblies to enable Purchasing Department to procure the parts that are needed for each system.
- Create accurate document releases to enable both the Purchasing and Manufacturing Departments to obtain, procure and assemble the components that are required for each system.
- Associate Degree
- Proficient in 2D & 3D Computer Aided Design.
- Knowledge of Inventor with Vault
- Experience with Solidworks
- Experience in automation/robotics or motion control systems.
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing and manufacturing processes.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to manage a large number of projects concurrently.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
Mechanical Designer - 18628