700 Waterfront Drive pittsburgh, PA 15222-4724
Full-time, direct hire role with our client for a Mechanical Engineer.
In this role, you will perform advanced mechanical engineering analysis, calculations, and design work in support of HWIL, complex IGTS, and other related projects.
- Mechanical engineering and analysis of HWIL, complex IGTS, stabilized platforms, gimbaled-systems, and related motion systems
- Work will includes design of linear and rotary actuators (electric and hydraulic); stress and modal analysis of structures; sizing of motors, actuators and drives; gear train design; sizing and selection of bearings
- Produce detailed CAD drawings
- Prepare PDRs, CDR, acceptance test procedures, and system manuals
- Monitor and track project progress.
- Interface with customers during the design process and provide customer support after delivery
- System assembly oversight and troubleshooting
- Support technical proposals by analyzing specifications, creating documentation and contributing to budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Design experience with:
- automation/motion control equipment or sub-systems such as actuators
- electro-mechanical and/or hydro-mechanical (hydraulic) precision systems
- gimbaled- or rotating equipment design and analysis skills (from component level to system level)
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) preferred
- Basic knowledge of GD&T Knowledge of fabrication methods and processes Ability to lead projects, multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Mechanical Engineer - 19270