Media Relations Specialist
100 Park Ave Florham Park, NJ 07932
Opening with our client for a Media Relations Specialist.
Pay Rate: 50-56/hr
Looking for someone with a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or Communications, at least 5 years of media relations experienced with excellent communication skills and expert writing capabilities.
This role will support the overall governance of external communications for chemical and industrial products for the North American market.
- Review and edit all news releases issued in North America to ensure they meet corporate style, format and media relations standards
- Develop and distribute quarterly key message documents.
- Manage a master list of all media inquiries and interview requests received by journalists, track and maintain a database of all published articles.
- Schedule and coordinate a weekly call to discuss emerging issues across the region; maintain and distribute a weekly list of all planned news releases and tracked issues.
- Provide secondary support to Social Media Specialist, monitoring social media channels, reporting significant activity and responding to posts where necessary.
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or Communications
- At least 5 years of experience in media relations.
- Outstanding communication skills including advanced writing skills, knowledge of Associated Press style is a must.
- Proven ability to write and edit news releases, captions, social media posts.
- Ability to track projects, develop analytics, create and distribute reports.
- Comfortable working with internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
Media Relations Specialist - 19171