3500 Paramount Parkway Morrisville, NC 27560
Contract Role (6 months+)
Pay Rate: 24/hr
The main purpose of this role is sample processing for production of sequence-based genotyping data for cotton and soybean molecular breeding projects
- Assist with generation of genotypic data to identify the molecular basis of native traits for their application in cotton and soybean improvement.
- Work with a small team to apply sequence-based genotyping approaches using state of the art instrumentation.
- Responsible for performing various plate-based molecular biology protocol steps along a high throughput process that turns a plant DNA sample into a DNA sequencing library and then into DNA sequence data.
- Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a high throughput or research laboratory
- Working knowledge of and experience in the field of molecular biology
- Experience using and troubleshooting liquid handling instruments for processing of 96/384 well sample plates and/or creating next generation sequencing libraries will be a differentiating capability
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Solid verbal, written, and presentation skills
Molecular Biologist - 17355