3500 Paramount Parkway Morrisville, NC 27560
We currently have an opening with our client for a Molecular Biologist.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the analysis of transgenic plant samples by molecular methods. The position produces critical data that support ongoing research as well as product development.
- Perform DNA and RNA extractions; archive sample materials; perform detailed analysis of transgenic plants using molecular biology techniques;
- Ensure compliance with all existing safety and stewardship standards in the area of responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree in biological science;
- 1-3 years of relevant biotechnology experience in academic or industrial laboratory environment;
- Experience with sample extraction and DNA/RNA prep in high-throughput environment;
- Experience with Droplet Digital and/or quantitative Taqman PCR
- Familiarity with the use of fundamental bioinformatics tools;
- Prior experience working with plant materials
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail, and organizational and record-keeping skills;
Molecular Biologist - 19224