1 Holtec Drive Camden, NJ 08104
Contract to Direct Hire Opportunity
Pay Rate: 38-43/hr
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects. Manage LAN/WAN network (firewall, routers, switches, VPN)
- Prepare and maintains appropriate written documentation for systems, infrastructure, maintenance logs, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or 6 to 8 years experience
- 5 years of practical experience working as Network Administrator (firewalls, routers, switches)
- Knowledge of Industry Process Management Best Practices (ITIL, ISO/IEC)
- Experience with Telephony is a huge plus.
- Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, etc.) or equivalent knowledge and proven work experience.
- Cisco ASA Devices (5505, 5510, 5520) SitetoSite IPSec VPNs, Client IPSec VPN
- Cisco Routers (7200, 3945, 2921) – Cisco switches – Cisco switch stack technology – IOS
- Network software
- Spiceworks, PRTG, UptimeSoftware, Syslog, LogAnalyzer, Python Firewall management (ASA, SonicWall, WatchGuard)
- Storage Area Networks/NetApp
- Equallogic PS6000, PS4000 – Equallogic SAN groups Synology LAN/WAN protocols
- VLAN, QoS, TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, , EIGRP,RIP, OSPFv3, HSRP, STP, RSTP, SNMP, OSPF
- Wireless networks
- Telecom – AVAYA phone systems
- VMware ESXi (version 4, 5, 5.5) – VMware vCenter vSphere – VMware Update Manager
- After hours on a rotating basis will be required.
- Minimal travel (20%) may be required between sites.
Network Engineer - 17043