Harrisburg, PA 17106
Opening with our client for a Network Engineer.
Pay Rate: 35-40/hr
This position will be responsible for assisting in the highest level of network planning and long-term vision for the department’s network and security infrastructure. Duties will include Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring and management of company’s network infrastructure consisting of Cisco switches, routers, appliances, and associated hardware and software.
- Plans/Designs overall architecture of networks including:
- Network bandwidth analysis and capacity planning, routers and switches.
- Reviews and provides detailed specifications and schematic engineering drawings/ Visio for network enhancements and modifications.
- Develops documentation for configuration of all network components including setup, installation, and overall deployment of all network hardware and software.
- Reviews the development of configuration standards.
- Performs Network Management functions utilizing various types of tools like SolarWinds Orion to monitor, test, verify, troubleshoot and resolve complex Department network problems working with users, service providers and others to resolve problems.
- Performs Network Management functions utilizing Genetec Security Manager
- Provides technical assistance to develop RFPs, RFQs and other specification documents to acquire hardware, software and/or IT Services.
- Reviews, plans, designs, and implements complex networks both wired and wireless to enable the integration of network operating systems, platforms and protocols while enhancing network performance and security.
- Evaluates current and future network needs and prepares recommended technical solutions.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 7 to 8 years experience with:
- Network Routing
- Network Switching
- Cisco ASA/Firepower
- 5 years experience preferred with:
- Cisco Nexus
- 4 years experience preferred with:
- Genetec Security Center
- Application Load balancing (Citrix NetScaler)
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Windows products including Windows Server and Windows workstation operating systems
- Excellent communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to provide customer service and business operations support.
- Ability to develop project documentation and procedures to sustain application support
Network Engineer - 19373