Pittsburgh, PA 15222 US
In this role you will be focused on ensuring the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services.
- Planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs)
- Installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links.
- Analyze and resolve network hardware and software issues
- Create and maintain documentation related to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 5 to 10 years of networking engineering experience
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Experience working with Cisco, Aruba, and Palo Alto devices
- Detailed knowledge of network monitoring protocols and tools (SNMP, Netflow, Solarwinds)
- Working experience with advanced routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP)
- Detailed knowledge of Layer 3 switching and VLANs
Remote Network Engineer - 25897