Ohio Real Estate Attorney - Part-Time - Remote
Columbus, NY 43272
Remote - Part-Time - 20-25 hrs/wk
6 months+ Contract Need
Pay Rate: 46/hr
Must have Windows-based computer and high speed internet
Must have JD and state bard admission in Ohio
In this role you will work on documents to publish for online legal services.
- Research, write, edit, and update Ohio real estate transactional resources including practice notes, checklists and standard documents explaining real estate transactions under state law, including guidance related to financing, leasing and ownership/purchase and sale for use by attorneys at law firms and in-house counsel.
- Answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise
- JD required
- Bar admitted in Ohio.
- 6-8 years’ experience working as a real estate transactional attorney in a law firm or as in-house counsel in state of Ohio
- Ability to distill relevant market practice and perform complex legal analysis.
- Good understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail and organization;
- solid command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment, including proficiency navigating workplace intranets, using MS Office suite, and learning in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
- Familiarity with a variety of real estate practice areas including ownership, leasing and financing of commercial and residential real estate.
- Familiarity with evictions, foreclosures and/or mechanic’s liens.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Recent experience using Westlaw for legal research.
- Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
Real Estate Attorney - State of Ohio - 17974