Oracle Database Administrator
Pittsburgh, PA 15219 US
In this Database Administrator role, you will implement and manage complex database systems and data dictionaries, and will analyze database requirements of all business units.
- Responsible for design, installation, configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and the development of specialized database systems.
- Analyze and develop innovative solutions for complex problems involving availability and/or performance at the system level
- Interact with customers and provide leadership in developing and recommending solutions to business problems of high complexity
- Proactively monitor health of servers in production, test and development environments
- Create and maintain procedural and operational scripts and documentation, disaster recovery plans and other documentation that relates to database operating procedures
- Possible requirement to actively participate in an after-hours on call rotation, with carrying a pager and participating on Sev1 incident calls
- Acts as a participant to project and application management teams to promote standards and best practices, provide estimates, and plan and manage database activities on deliverables
- Develop and maintain project database documentation, including installation working instructions, configuration details, and production support handbooks
- Consult with business users to gather information about specific needs, objectives, functions, features, input and deliverables
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Database Management in on-line transaction systems (OLTP) and data warehousing.
- 5+ years of Oracle Database Administrator experience including installing, configuring, and designing new database structures, applying patches, and utilizing Oracle monitoring tools.
- Experience in a large database environment
- Knowledge of database backup procedures, recovery systems, and SQL.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills; able to work independently or in a team environment.
Oracle Database Administrator - DBA - 25812