1000 Cranberry Woods Drive Pittsburgh, PA 16066
Direct hire opportunity with our client for a Packaging Engineer.
We are looking for someone with a degree in packaging engineering and 2 to 5 or more years of experience. Salary will be based upon experience.
In this role, you are responsible for identifying and implementing solutions to lower packaging material, labor, and freight costs through new designs, materials, and solutions that will increase cube utilization, pallet pattern efficiencies, and minimize packaging material costs.
- Seek out and implement new packaging materials, pack fit patterns, and pallet patterns that will drive cost value creation in the supply chain.
- Develop cost reductions as a result of packaging that is flexible to accommodate multiple products
- Develop packaging designs via methodical lab testing consistent with but not limited to ASTM and ISTA standards that will ensure timely implementation and success of projects.
- Support global manufacturing plants with packaging best practices to ensure minimal quality issues and damage to products throughout supply chains.
- Write, publish, and update packaging specifications within SAP.
- Work with third party logistics to guarantee management of inventory, ship product to customer specifications, and comply with delivery requirements.
- Build and own relationships with packaging suppliers
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering or related discipline
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience including packaging development, and ASTM and/or ISTA package testing standards
- Experience in packaging design preferred
- Proficient use of packaging software including TOPS and Carioca.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, SAP, and using Excel as an analytical tool.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic and international)
Packaging Engineer - 19277