Part Time Legal Editor
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Our client is in need of part-time Legal Editors with experience working at small law firms to write and edit practical guidance for lawyers, including firm and practice management resources.
Part-Time (20-25 hours/week)
Pay Rate: 30/hr
- Work with editors from various practice areas to create checklists, practice notes, standard clauses, or standard documents for the small law firm market.
- Provide substantive editorial expertise for additional tasks and projects
- Edit content into standard style and plain English.
- Ensure the consistently superior quality of all content produced.
- Maintain and manage internal processes, databases and folders.
- JD (Juris Doctorate) from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- At least 2 years' experience working as an attorney in a small law firm.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including:
- close attention to detail;
- good command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of generalist small law firm attorneys and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.