11642 Old Baltimore Pike Beltsville, MD 20705
Pay Rate: 20-25/hr
This role is instrumental in the support and coordination of the payroll function for the plant including Hourly and Salary payroll processing, and related reporting and analytics.
- Responsible for daily overtime reporting and monthly hours reporting.
- Partners closely with the Human Resources department on key payroll related items.
- Facilitates new-hire payroll orientation, timecard approval training for new supervisors, and new-hire setup in the timekeeping and ERP systems.
- Establish and monitor compliance with internal accounting controls
- Report out on key payroll metrics and provide key data points which will help drive strong performance for the plant.
- Works cross-functionally on special projects assigned by the accounting manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of payroll experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience in a manufacturing facility preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Payroll Specialist - 18842