Blawnox, PA 15116 US
Oxford Solutions has an opening with our client in the Pittsburgh, PA area for a Piping Designer.
In this role, you will prepare engineering drawings for piping designs in accordance with established design practices, codes, standards, and procedures.
- Prepare material take-offs including pipe, fittings, valves, to support various cost estimates as required by the project
- Develops the design and drafting of complex piping drawings given basic information such as P&ID's, GA's, piping specifications, equipment arrangement drawings
- Coordinate with Piping Engineering Team and other design disciplines to resolve issues
- Develop piping models including studies and layouts
- Create piping transpositions and manual material take-offs
- Review vendor and in-house coordination drawings to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Review and check bill of material reports extracted from models
- Conduct field investigation to obtain information to route and support piping.
- 3 to 6 years of piping design and drafting experience
- AutoCAD 2D proficiency; AutoCAD 3D experience a plus
- Experience with P&IDs
- Process and utility piping experience in an industrial environment
- Experience conducting field investigations to verify pipe routings
- Detail oriented with effective communication skills
Piping Designer - 26219