1667 East Sutter Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15215
Opening with our client for a Piping Designer.
This is a contract to possible direct hire opportunity.
Our client is interested in someone with experience in fossil fuel plants and design of high energy piping systems.
- Carry out engineering calculations in conformance with the project requirements.
- Prepare work plans for weld testing and tracks data
- Prepare work packages for pipe inspections
- Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other disciplines
- Conduct field investigation to obtain information to support the project needs
- Maintain proper engineering files and records
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures comply with specifications, quality standards, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- At least 6 years of piping and/or mechanical engineering experience in an industrial environment
- Experience with high energy piping systems (main steam, hot and cold reheat, boiler feed water)
- Knowledge of operation of fossil fuel power generation facilities
- Understanding of Industry Codes and Standards (ASME B31.1, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand piping drawings
- Able to conduct field investigations to define project scopes
Piping Designer - 19296